Getting to Know You

It just occured to me this evening, as I was sewing, that everytime I sew my mind sings the same song.  This song was sung by Bing Crosby {be still my beating heart} and goes like this:
"Getting to know you, Getting to know all about you,
Getting to like you, Getting to hope you like me" 
So why, you ask, do I think of this song every time I sew?
Well, I am serenading my sewing machine.

My machine was given to me in early July by my mother-in-law.  We made a trip to Illinois to pick it up and during our visit I was supposed to get some lessons.  Well, to make a long story short, my mother-in-law had to make an emergency trip to the doctor while we were there so the tutoring never happened.  We packed up the sewing maching and brought it home.  I ordered a manual online and have since tried to teach myself how to use it.  

This machine is a monster.  It has a huge motor, is extremely fast {would probably qualify in a NASCAR race}, and has a lot of quirky habits.  It is an industrial machine that, I am sure, would prefer to be used by a true seamstress, or at least someone who knew what she was doing.
Each time I sit down to sew I feel like I am meeting the machine for the first time, and {hoping} that when it meets me, it likes me.
Well, we are getting to know each other.  It is a slow and {sometimes} painful process.  But as many of you have experienced yourselves, I am beginning to love my sewing machine.  I would love any pointers though!  If you have a Bernina Industrial 950 and have some hints/tips for me, feel free to pass them this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings,
Angie