Quenched Thirst

Oh, this summer heat with very small amounts of rain has left our region extremely dry.
The dangerous conditions have caused me to think about my own life and how at times I have felt very dry and fragile. 

I know that I am not the only one who has felt this way.
We all, at some point or another, are left longing for more.


Even David,  the king of Israel, experienced periods of drought.
In Psalm 63:1 David cried out to God. "Oh God, thou art my God; early will I seek Thee:
my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land; where no water is."


Jesus gives us the answer.  As we seek to satisfy our deepest longings and thirsts on our own.  He tells us in John  4: 13-14 "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst.  Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

So encouraging to know that we are not on our own!

all these beautiful pictures {via}

1 comment

  1. Gorgeous Photos of the pitcher, and a wise and inspirational post!

    ReplyDelete

Blessings,
Angie