Happy Birthday, Sweet Alissa!

This summer we celebrated a very special birthday.  Alissa turned 5!  I can not believe how quickly she is growing up. It serves as a very serious reminder to make sure my days count because they are precious and pass by quickly.


Alissa is such a blessing to have in our lives and a constant source of joy in our home.  She loves all things girly:
changing clothes (too many times a day)
painting her nails
wearing my high heel shoes
chocolate
jewelry
and the list goes on and on.

We absolutely love you Alissa and are grateful that God has blessed us with you.  He is so good to us!


For Alissa's birthday we kept things simple and sweet. I tried my hand at a "naked" cake, it was really much easier than I thought it would be. A quick call to my mother-in-law was needed for instruction on how to get the cake out of the pan without tearing it apart, otherwise it went fairly well.


 Alissa and I made a banner for the top of her cake using leftover paper from checkbook covers I have in my shop.  Can you tell which banner she cut out? I was very tempted to remove that piece of paper from the banner.  I am so glad that I didn't! True beauty and joy were found in the process of working together to create something special for her big day...not the end result.


We enjoyed pink lemonade in pretty glass cups that were passed down to me from my grandma.  Although you are not able to see them clearly in these photos, they have a beautiful "P" etched into the glass with a sweet laurel branch around it.


These "pinterest" inspired Minnie Mouse Oreo cookies were a hit - despite my poor icing skills!

All in all we had a wonderful day with family and friends.  We are truly blessed and can't wait to see what the next year holds for our little (but getting bigger every day) girl!

Blessings,
Angie

2 comments

  1. Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!! I love her so much and had such a fun time celebrating with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you, too! Alissa and Jordan decided they were both going to get a job this week...Jordan is going to rake leaves and Alissa is going to help make peoples houses pretty as she says "Like my Amy".

    ReplyDelete

Blessings,
Angie