Paper Leaf Wreath

This year in planning out my fall decor I thought it would be fun to do something non-traditional and go with neutrals rather than the usual yellows & oranges. After searching through my fall decorations I realized this was going to be a near impossible task unless I came up with some inexpensive options or made something myself.




So after a little gathering, and work, this paper wreath was made.
 This wreath is extremely versatile and can easily be changed up by simply choosing a different color of paper.


Materials Needed:
metal wreath form
floral or scotch tape
paper
silhouette machine or large maple leaf punch (I found this one online or you could even buy some precut from this Etsy seller)


The first step is to cut all of the leaves. Make sure to use a large leaf pattern, the leaves I used were sized to 4"x4", I used my silhouette machine to do this. If you do not have a silhouette or cameo machine check out the links I listed above for some options.  You will need 50-75 leaves (depending on their size) to make the wreath look full and to hide all open spots.

Attach the stem to the wreath form with floral or scotch tape (I found the Scotch tape to cooperate well and was more durable).

 

Continue to attach the leaves as you work your way around the form.  Fill in any holes once you have made your way around the entire circle.

 

Attach the ribbon to the wreath with a fun bow. I attached the ribbon to the top center of the wreath because I planned to hang it from an old door with the ribbon hanging from the top. It would also look adorable hanging off of the bottom center.


Hang up in your favorite location, and you're done!

It was really fun to see this wreath come to life out of something as simple as an old book. It added just the look I wanted for my fall decor and cost less than $7.00.

If you decide to try your hand at this simple DIY I would love to hear how it went and to see your finished project.

Blessings,
Angie

5 comments

  1. That is so pretty!!! I just love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I like how they turned out, as well.

      Delete
  2. Hi there, I hopped over from Sundays at Home. I love your pretty leaf wreath! I opted to decorate with neutrals for Fall also. Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cecilia, thank you for stopping by and for the wreath love! I hope you are enjoying a beautiful fall, neutrals and all! Blessings, Angie

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Blessings,
Angie