Inspired

Hello friends.  I hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend and that you were able to kick off the summer with some fun.  We had a great weekend and I believe even turned over a new leaf for our family.  It has been a very long time since Jason and I have been able to ride bikes at the same time.  Either one of us was pushing a stroller or needed to walk beside one of our little ones who could not pedal as fast as the rest of us.  This weekend we took a long bike ride (and everyone rode their bikes)!  It was a blast.
Another accomplishment this weekend!  It has been about 2 years since I opened up my pinterest account and since then I have accumulated about 875 pins. Sure is a long list of wants, I know.  Now, I am completely aware that there is no way that I will ever purchase, make, or eat all of the things that I have pinned but I have been inspired to put some of those desires into action.  My new goal is to complete 1 project a week.  I will either finish up  a project I have around the house or complete a craft project I have pinned.  I will post the projects on my blog when finished!
Guess what!  I have one to share.

This weekend I finished up making over an outdoor bench that was given to me by my sister.
It sits on the front porch so that I have a nice place to relax, sip on sweet tea, and read the next issue of Country Living while the kids brush up on their bike riding skills.


It started out green, which honestly was not that bad, it just didn't look right next to the color of the house.

I had some great helpers!  We painted the bench Benjamin Moore Hannity Green.

It feels really good to start and complete a project.  I'm looking forward to many more.
Blessings,
Angie